ext2resize vs resize2fs

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Feb 1 17:50:41 UTC 2005

The e2fsprogs src.rpm includes a version of ext2resize for the
ext2online tool, but the spec goes with resize2fs instead of ext2resize.

Why? Is resize2fs better tested/maintained than ext2resize?

I'm asking out of curiosity and because I get the following with e2fsck
after using resize2fs (for shrinking), and I wonder about the integrity
of my data:

Pass 5: Checking group summary information
Block bitmap differences: -(54693--55331)
Fix<y>? yes

Free blocks count wrong for group #1 (0, conted=639).
Fix<y>? yes

Free blocks count wrong (645166, conted=645805).
Fix<y>? yes

Regardless, should I file a bug on resize2fs for the above?

Regards,
Luciano Rocha
--
3/13