openoffice.org 1.9.73 testing rpms

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 04:19:59 UTC 2005

SAITO Toshiyuki wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:01:12 -0500, Jim Cornette
> <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Caolan McNamara wrote:

>>>OpenOffice.org 1.9.73 i386 rpms for rawhide available from...
>>>http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/openoffice.org2/i386/
>>>for interested parties. Use at your own risk, etc etc.
>>>
>>>C.
>>>

>>Thanks! Base comes up and is  what my interest was related to. I tried
>>the wintel version earlier today and it had issues.
>>
>>For those wanting the launcher to the the programs. This attached is a
>>gnome desktop launcher attached. Crude but open new for choices.
>

> Those rpm(s) works fine on FC3 as well.
> The same Segmentation Fault on exit, as have reported earlier
> above the lines.
>
> Thanks, Jim, but I've already edit menu by hand.
> Why gnome-gegel? Rather /ooo_gulls.png?
>
> SAITO Toshiyuki

It was the first interesting icon that I changed upon. I was more
interested in uniqueness than hunting down the icon. Also, I have the
rpms from openoffice that sport the gull. The two seperate versions
co-exist without interfering, /opt instead of the Fedora location.

One thing that I noted on Base when creating a new database, it defaults
to initialize. It should not register the db beforehand. The tables
cannot be created in this mode. After passing that hurdle, I created a
table without trouble.

Jim

--
Freedom is nothing else but the chance to do better.
		-- Camus