preferences - I don't get it

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Feb 3 17:27:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 11:43:56AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	That's a discussion for upstream where it has already been agonized
> over.

These "discussions upstream" about user interface issues seem to
be going in pretty narrow circles.  In particular participants
apparently enjoy a good eyesight and big monitor screens.

I afraid that it is physically impossible to participate in every
mailing list around.  I already have really too many of these
on my plate.

> 	Dude, its rawhide, its buggy, it wasn't a design decision. Log bugs :-)

How on earth I can know that without asking?  In the past there
were various situations when I told myself "nobody half-sane would
ever do something like that" only to be told "this is like it is
supposed to be and end of discussion".  Oh, well ....

> 	(Or preferably see if you can figure out how to fix it in redhat-menus
> and submit a patch)

I tried that already.  It is a maze.  It surely beats nethack
for an entertainment value. :-)  I have no doubts that it can be
eventually untangled once enough of time can be devoted to that
task.

  Michal