FC4 for servers

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Feb 6 00:21:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:04 +1000, Res wrote:
>> I tell you now this is the main reason I have been told never to install
>> fedora ino ur data center, I a couple aging RH9 boxes left because they
>> were true server instla setups, the rest looks ilke from your comments
>> will continue to be slackware.
>>

> Not a very good argument, I think, since you can customize any distro to

Is RH going to pay for our time to sit back and strip it ? teach any new
techs what needs to be removed when we install? nope, I didn't think so :)

A bare bones RH9 server install, and a bare bones slackware install are
just that, minimal and perfect, slackware tops out RH9 still in this field
by only a couple of things so its no biggie, but like I asked in my
nice....for a desktop install, and desktop is where fedora leaves other
distros in its wake, no doubt about it, but if we are heading into hte
desktop only direction, then looks like times are a changing, for teh
worse in some cases.

Also Arj's list is still a tad bloated, I mean I can't for the life of
me see how I need gpm for instance on a mail/web/dns/database/radius
server, etc etc etc...

Cheers

--
Regards,