yum 2.1.13 in updates-testing

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Feb 6 16:12:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 05:00:17PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > synaptic requires libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.0, which is only provided by
> > > apt-0.5.15cnc6-12.r362 in Phil's configured set of repositories.
> >
> > What makes you think so?
>
> Two things make me think that: 1) In the set of enabled repositories, only
> the apt package in "extras" provides 'libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.2'.

You originally mentioned libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.0, now it's suddenly
libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.2?

The latest official upstream release has a major of 0. Probably
fedora.us has a development version. Which brings up the old question
of how to ensure proper rpm ordering of in-between releases snapshots.

And BTW what happened to fedora.us' standpoint of avoiding snapshots
like the devil (a good standpoint IMHO)? Not only from a packaging
POV.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net