GFS modules not loading

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Feb 8 19:42:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 12:55:42PM -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:31:02 +0100, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> > > 2.6.10-1.760_FC3
> >
> > In that case please try
> >
> >    http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/cluster/
> >

> I will check that out when I get home Axel.
>
> Question though, are there other deps that your kernel will force me
> to use from your packages?  I know some of you packages, (i think
> audio) will make me use system packages that I don't want updated,

You mean the updated alsa drivers? No, they should also be standalone
packages, requiring only the matching kernel to be installed.

Perhaps you ran into the issue, where asink for a project with kernel
modules would pull in yet another kernel instead of using the one you
are running. You can work around this by issuing

yum install foo-kmdl-`uname -r` foo

to ensure yum/apt/up2date/smart really pick the kernel modules for the
kernel you want.

Wrt to GFS/cluster: There are interdependencies between some of the
cluster packages in the folder above. Other than the kmdl packages you
should install them all, and also all kmdl packages matching the
kernel you are running.

> so I haven't been using them (plus I don't really need them).  So I
> just wanted to know if your kernel packages will create the same
> case.  I wouldn't see why a kernel package would require x, y and z
> but you never know :D

If there are dependencies for x, y, z that are not needed, then that's
a bug that should be reported (bugzilla.atrpms.net, lists.atrpms.net
or PM ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net