mono in fc3/rawhide/4 ?

Gregory G Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Mon Feb 14 18:46:58 UTC 2005

Since when did Microsoft start honoring patent/IP law?

My point is after the whipping Microsoft got in court for the
Stacker/DOS and SMB/File Server protocols it specifically learned from
that experience and placed very nice land mines all over the .net framework.

.net/MONO is Microsofts honeypot for the Linux Distro community.

Besides, Java solves all our problems and with a vendor that poses no
real threat to us because SUN grows weaker by the year and has already
made some nice contributions to the open source community.

They also have a nice community process and at least try to address
everyones concerns.

With java we also have the added niceness that the class API is
gradually being completely GPL'ed anyway, so even if SUN dies, we still
have our own implementation.  (i.e. Tomcat will run just fine with no
downloads from SUN.)

-gc