Firefox not allow some kinds of downloads.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Feb 17 01:24:34 UTC 2005

Using the current version of Firefox on FC4-development, I'm unable to
save some files to disk.

Here's an example: http://www.senseabilities.com.au/education

Neither of the PDFs on this page can be saved to disk or opened in an
application (the OK button is greyed out)

The PDF's were created using OOo2, and the downloads are being handled
using a CGI script that check the authenticity of the downloader before
offering the file for download.  All of this works fine on earlier
versions of Firefox as far as I'm aware.

Oh, and I'm using firefox-1.0-8

Rodd