Aren't DEBUG_PAGEALLOC and DEBUG_SLAB incompatible? (was Re: how to disable debugging in rawhide-kernel)

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Fri Feb 18 20:57:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 02:22:27PM -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. I was earlier looking for difference in
> patches in the spec file.
>
> Looking at the diffs in config with 766_FC3 [latest FC3 update] & 1143
> - I see the following:
>
> CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
> CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE=y
> CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y

Uhhh... Aren't CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB and CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC incompatible
with each other? At least, that's what I was told by none other than
Dave Jones himself (RH Bugzilla #144324, comment #15).

That reminds me, I have one FC3 system here running rawhide kernels, and
it keeps oopsing once every couple of days. Unfortunately I haven't had
a chance to set up a serial console on it again (I'll do that later
today), but I wonder if the combination of DEBUG_SLAB and
DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is why it's oopsing...

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>