new year, new test kernel.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Jan 2 00:09:21 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 01:03:29AM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
 > On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 06:46:40PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > FC-2 & FC-3 are now at 245 patches on top of 2.6.9-ac,
 > > with devel being 76 patches on top of 2.6.10.
 >
 > Can you give a figure on how many of them are bug fixes, and how many
 > feature additions?

The vast majority are backported fixes. Here's the list of
feature patches in the devel tree..

- Restricted /dev/mem
- Execshield
- Additions to SCSI whitelist for USB card readers
- 'crash' debug driver
- Signed modules
- ipw2100/ipw2200 drivers
- Xen
- flexmmap for x86-64.

The bulk of the remainder are bugfixes, and a handful
of 'distro' patches that wont go upstream.

 > Being naive, I guess getting the bug fixes in upstream shouldn't be
 > any problem in most cases?

most of them actually came /from/ upstream 8)

		Dave