new year, new test kernel.

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 15:01:46 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:
> This hasn't been pushed out to the testing
> repo's just yet, but you can pick it up
> early from http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/
>
> The major change since the last test release
> should be the fixing of the problem a lot of
> folks (especially radeon users) saw on logout
> of Gnome/KDE.

Using a radeon graphics card, the error with a panic when exiting the
GUI does not occur. There were also problems with random lockups with
previous kernels and someone reprted a problem where their mouse
functionality broke and their X server would go back to a login screen.
I referenced this test kernel for maybe resolving this pecularity with
the kernel and radeon cards when running the GUI.
Of course, the power-off using acpi is still present with the 2.6.9
kernel versions.

Jim

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1

--
Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.