udev..

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Mon Jan 3 08:38:25 UTC 2005

On Mon January 3 2005 12:29 pm, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 11:17 +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I have a dvb module that has funny problems when loaded with udev ..
>
> which module ?
> Describe "funny problems"... right now it says nothing ;)
dst module. It is a module for a DVB card that combines the frontend and the
card.. The card get's detected by udev, but not the frontend..

If i don't use udev, everything is fine i have to create the DVB entries
manually by the MAKEDEV script along with linux-dvb dvb-kernel CVS.

I have written a dst_ca module ontop of that.. A conditional Access driver

A lot of people have been querying for the udev issue..

> > Is there
> > something specific that i should do in the driver to have normal
> > operation with udev ?
>
> udev doesn't load modules.... kudzu and co do however.
> I assume your module advertizes the pci id table properly?

It is a BT878 card and there are differences in how the card is detected,
since i2c communication also is inverted for that card, loading the module
improperly would freeze the machine.

Manu