FC3 can no longer successfully burn CDs]

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 4 01:24:09 UTC 2005

Fulko Hew wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
>

>> What would be useful is to file a bug, and include in it the details
>> of the
>> exact controller/drive/commands used as well as any errors logged in
>> dmesg
>> about the attempt.

I've updated the Bugzilla entry with hardware info.

> It has, back on Dec 4 as bugzilla # 141884, but since nothing has
> really transpired
> I thought I'd try the mailing list.

I've updated the Bugzilla entry with the results of testing with the new
2.6.9-1.11_FC2
kernel... I still can't burn CDs with it, and it still can't correctly
read good CDs either.

> This has happened on 3 different hardware/controllers/drives, in two
> different cities,
> and there are no dmesg errors.

I stand corrected...  when reading good CDs you do get errors logged

"Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 2240"