New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 00:56:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:16:48 -0500, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> No doubt it accidentally brings along new regressions,
> so please, jump on it for a while, and once the worst
> bits are shaken out, I'll push this out as an update.

here's an odd regression....
the eject button my my cdrw isnt working with this update.
the eject command isnt working with a normal user
the eject command does work with root...
   and its throwing this syslog message when i use eject
/media/cdrecorder/ as root:
Jan  4 19:47:46 host kernel: program eject is using a deprecated SCSI
ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

fstab entry:
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
  pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

/proc/cmdline:
ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet

ls -la /dev/hdc:
brw-------  1 homeuser disk 22, 0 Jan  4 14:34 /dev/hdc

I'll poke around a little more with this just to make sure I'm not
insane and that this is only reproduciable with the latest test-update
and not with a previous 2.6.9 kernel before i file this... if this
isnt filed already.

-jef"if i push the eject button on the drive hard enough... maybe it
will work"spaleta