FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder at fwb.srs.com
Wed Jan 5 21:19:40 UTC 2005

My bad, that box is an old FC 2 one with a stock kernel: 2.6.5-358smp.

And what has fooled me is we use that remotely and haven't had any
problems using it that way.  I just tried to logon through our kvm and
see that the local graphics display is frozen.

The boxes that have problems aren't on a network and thus an apparent
"hang" isn't truly a kernel lock I guess.  I reported an earlier
instance of being able to acces another box on the network thinking it
could offer some info but no one seemed to be interested at the time
(another list).

So, I have a host with local graphics hung up but I'm able to login
remotely.  Is there any info I can look for that will help find the
problem?

-Tom Browder