New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 17:24:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:59:01AM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > Boot single user, remove haldaemon, reboot. Let me know if that helps (if I've
> > asked you specifically this already ignore me)
> >
> Alan - any news of when ide-cd is fixed so these issues will be a thing
> of the past?

General
	- the cd at boot crash is fixed
	- end of media is fixed
	- the bogus messages in the log should be fixed
	- vanishing CD with no serial number is fixed
	- request queue corruptor is fixed (as of yesterday)

Burning
	- request filtering is in all our 2.6.9 trees
	- there have been some fixes to that
	- We do not yet have tools for adjusting the filter list
		[Daniel at gentoo and others were playing with an fs for it]
	- the burn v haldaemon stuff has to be userspace I think

Unsolved
	- corner case race that can hang on DMA timeout/speed change
	- the great dell v hal drive probing (probably HAL should blacklist)
	- some other drive v hal cases I don't understand even what is at
	  fault yet.

Pending
	- CD-ROM drive hotplug for thinkpad and other laptops

And probably some I only have on paper. Its been a pita because its been a lot
of little bugs not one big one