New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 10:54:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:04:17AM +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> I hope this counts as one of the worser bits, namely my machine at home
> (FWIW: Athlon 1400, Abit KT7A mobo, 2 (yeah, junk) RTL 8139 NICs) oopses
> after a while of running (I had it after 5 minutes once, about half an
> hour for the second time, then I switched back to the
> 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 ;-). Unfortunately I don't get the whole oops, from the
> symbols involved it's some iptables (ipt_*) stuff (don't remember the
> exact symbol) so I guess netdump is out of the question and my only
> nullmodem cable is broken... Shall I open a BZ entry for it?

You might want to look at bug 144324 (especially the oops I attached to
it). My box that's hitting this is more complicated (4 pcnet32 Ethernet
NICs, 1 pcnet32 HomePNA NIC, masquerading, bridging, QoS) so if you're
seeing this (or something like it) on a less complicated box, perhaps
that's useful to know.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>