New testing kernel. 2.6.10-1.727_FC3

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Jan 7 16:39:58 UTC 2005

  I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but I've been having what I
think are nfs corruption problems with 2.6.10-1.727_FC3smp.  A
2.6.10-1.727_FC3smp system is the client, while a 2.6.9-1.727_FC3 system
is the server.  Haven't tried 2.6.9-1.724_FC3[smp] as the client yet.
  To reproduce somewhat reliably, I just have a directory of 10 or so
200MB files on the server and do a mkisofs from the client to create a
DVD iso.  Sometimes it eventually hangs and the nfs server is
unreachable (still pingable and sshable, but not nfsable ;-)), sometimes
it completes seemingly successfully, but loopback mounting the resulting
iso and doing an md5sum on the files shows that they are not the same as
the originals.
  I won't be able to test more until later tonight, but just wanted to
see if anyone else can reproduce it.  Haven't searched bugzilla yet, but
intend to after sending this message.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator