FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

Tom Browder tbrowder at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 20:14:48 UTC 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com
> [mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Tom Browder
> Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:16 PM
> To: 'For testers of Fedora Core development releases'
> Subject: RE: FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang
> No dice, same problem.

I mext tried changing inittab runlevel to 3 and rebooted.

At the text login I did as a regular user.

startx gave my my usual desktop.

Then I selected "lock screen', the screen immediately went blank and the
keyboard froze.  Took a power recycle to reboot.

Went back to runlevel 5, rebooted, changed screensaver to the blank screen
and am waiting for the next keyboard freeze event (not, I continue to hope).

-Tom Browder