In case you didn't know or forgot

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Mon Jan 10 15:37:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 10:19 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

[snip]

> Just games under wine?  or accelerated native games as well?
> Wine is always a special case and has been very fragile with regard to
> changes made to glibc. It would help if you were more specific about
> the problems you see.  Are you sure its not wine that needs to be
> fixed? Are you sure its nvidia that needs a fix?  What feature inside
> the nvidia drivers and libraries exactly do games under wine use that
> native compiled games do not?  If you have only tested this with apps
> under wine.. i think you are looking int the wrong place for the
> problem.

  Take a deep breath, Jeff.  ;-)  Though I do think you are mostly
right, you'll note that 'gslink at one.net' did, in fact, imply in his
original post that it is nVidia that needs to provide an updated driver.
Though I would be curious as to what the problem actually is, the
implication didn't seem to be that the glibc update was the source of
the problem, but rather that nVidia is lagging again.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator