Hauppauge PVR 250 in FC3

Jeffrey W. Stein jwstein at jwsteinw0.mt.att.com
Mon Jan 10 21:04:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 13:38 -0700, Guy Fraser wrote:
> I built the ivtv module and loaded it but it doesn't seem to
> detect my Hauppauge PVR 250, I don't get any errors with dmesg
> either.
>
> Does any have one of these cards working in FC3?

I have a PVR 250 card working with FC3 that I use with MythTV, following
the directions at:

<http://wilsonet.com/>

The ivtv modules for some reason don't load automatically in FC3, so I
need to use "modprobe". I believe there are some additional remarks at
the above site on moving this earlier in the start-up process, that I
have not implemented yet. Perhaps you can glean some hints from the
above site, or others relating to MythTV.

Also, I haven't gotten lirc (for the remote control) to work since the
initial installation; but other than that is seems to work ok.

I am at work right now, so I can't send you what the dmesg output looks
like; perhaps later.

Jeff