Hauppauge PVR 250 in FC3

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Jan 10 21:34:08 UTC 2005

Thank you.

I will check it out. I will try to build the driver from the tar
ball and see if I have better success.

I was wanting to use VLC or VLS to convert my VHS collection to
MPEGs and then put them on DVDs or VCDs. I have an ATI Radeon
8500 DV in my XP box, but ATI has microcode on the card that
detects Macrovision copy protection on VHS tapes and will not
allow me to record from most of my newer VHS tapes. I could not
get the Hauppauge card to detect in XP either so it may be a
bad card, or somehow the ATI card is causing the detection to
fail.