RedHat Directory

Stephen Shankland Stephen.Shankland at
Fri Jan 14 23:41:30 UTC 2005

When I talked to Red Hat at the end of September 2004, when the
acquisition was announced, the company said the directory would be
included in the next 6 to 12 months. So if they meet their schedule,
expect it to be final by the end of September 2005. I don't know when
the code will be released as open-source software or how long the test
period before the final availability will last.

Stephen Shankland, reporter, CNET
stephen.shankland at
235 Second St., San Francisco CA 94105

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-test-list-bounces at
[mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at] On Behalf Of Stephen J.
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 3:12 PM
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
Subject: Re: RedHat Directory

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:22:28 -0500, Will Backman <whb at>
> Any chance we will see the newly purchased Netscppp Directory
> for testing any time soon?

If it is like other closed source acquisitions there is usually a year
of cleanup to get out any non-licensable code that is in the base tree
and rewriting those parts os that it can be used when it is released.

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator

fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list at