Hardware upgrade & FC3?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Jan 15 18:30:41 UTC 2005

Arangel Angov wrote:

> I have FC3 installed at the moment on a lucky star KT100 motherboard,
> with 512SD RAM and AMD Athlon 1.4GHz proccessor. I just got a good deal
> on a brand new Soltek motherboard, 512 DDR RAM and AMD Athlon 2.4GHz
> processor. My question is, how will fedora handle this hardware upgrade,
> first of all will it boot? The HDD an all other other hardware will
> remain as they are.
>
> I just don't want to try it before I ask someone.. don't want to do a
> new install if not nessecary.

I already did that trick once.. Replacing a motherboard ECS k7vta3 (via
kt333 chipset) with an asus a7n8x (nforce 2).
At that time , I think I was using FC2. All the necessary stuff was
reconfigured automatically by kudzu.. I only had to change the network
config to static IP.
Considering that you are using FC2 or above , then probably you'll have
no problem at all...

--
Pedro Macedo