Hardware upgrade & FC3?

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Jan 15 19:05:57 UTC 2005

lør, 15.01.2005 kl. 18.28 skrev Terry Polzin:
> On Saturday January 15 2005 11:11, Arangel Angov wrote:
> > I have FC3 installed at the moment on a lucky star KT100 motherboard,
> > with 512SD RAM and AMD Athlon 1.4GHz proccessor. I just got a good deal
> > on a brand new Soltek motherboard, 512 DDR RAM and AMD Athlon 2.4GHz
> > processor. My question is, how will fedora handle this hardware upgrade,
> > first of all will it boot? The HDD an all other other hardware will
> > remain as they are.
> >
> > I just don't want to try it before I ask someone.. don't want to do a
> > new install if not nessecary.
> What kind of HD and video?
Shouldn't video be OK as long as you use free drivers? When i switched
my voodo 3 for a flashy new geforce 2mx, FC2 did all correct, asked me a
couple of questions like "vodoo removal detected, reconfigure?" and
"nvidia attachment detected - configure?". All i did was "yes", and gdm
etc came up nicely.