kernel-2.6.10-1.1056_FC4 much better than post kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at
Sat Jan 1 03:19:27 UTC 2005

It is nice not to have to override shortcomings from test kernels post
kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3 until kernel-2.6.10-1.1056_FC4. I now can
shutdown the computer normally and do not have the shutdown from GUI
lockup that the -715 kernel version suffered.

Thanks for the resulting improvements.

On personal input, I think that this kernel and needed newer versioned
packages might be moved to test. The kernel should probably be
introduced into FC3 also, at least in testing.

Style may not be the answer, but at least it's a workable alternative.