Dell laptop followup (Re: ASUS S5N and the 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 kernal and s3 sleep works

Matthew Faull matt at rairyu.tk
Mon Jan 24 05:11:58 UTC 2005

To the people using the dell laptop and trying to s3 sleep it>

I remember about 6 months ago I had to unload all the usb, network and
sound modules before attempting to get to s3 sleep. But these days I
don't have too. Maybe you don't either.

On a side note - given Fedora one of the most popular distros around,
does anyone know of any mailing lists or websites specifically for "acpi
nijitsu" on laptops using the fedora distributions?

I've found alot of websites out there describing attempts for Joe X to
get ACPI sleeping working on their laptop. But nothing that attempts to
consolidate the information or create notebook specific rpms for sleep
scripts.

Cheers

Matt <matt at rairyu.tk>