rawhide FTP install (text fair, GUI broken)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 05:52:15 UTC 2005

A couple of things relating to the rawhide tree for Jan 23. The GUI
portion seemed messed up. The recognition of an lvm installation seemed
to not detect the existing installation. The text installation for a
system with traditional partitions seemed to detect even an installation
that was located on a USB drive that I was unable to boot before with
the usb problem for loading modules order. The installation was
recognized, but failed due to a later installation having the same
labeling information. I unplugged the USB drive to upgrade an existing
installation that was an FC2 with no updates applied. The installation
took pretty well, except for its confusion detecting the differences
between my 815 card as primary and the ATI card as secondary. Overall,
this problem has been present for awhile regarding the video cards. At
least it works for upgrading in text, without an lvm installation. The
gui install seemed broken on three different video cards.

Jim