Semperon processors

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Fri Jan 28 11:15:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 18:35, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I was told it was a 2.4GHz processor, so that's what I'm
> > > working off.
> >
> > The fastest Socket A Semprons listed on AMD's site are running at
> > 2.0GHz and are labelled "Sempron 3000+". Your chip is a Sempron
> > 2400+ running at 1.66GHz (FSB 333MHz).
>
> Euw! That's slower than the 1.7GHz Celeron I had in before! (Well, on
> numbers at least!)

Ahem, the days of just comparing the clock frequency on consumer CPU's
to identify the best one are long gone mate ;)

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040728/

"After a short look at our benchmark results the conclusion is clear:
AMD's Sempron is able to outperform Celeron D in most applications."

--
Tarjei