openoffice

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Jan 30 11:18:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:10 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:02 -0500, Sean wrote:
> > On Fri, January 28, 2005 12:01 pm, Joshua Andrews said:
> > > openoffice really needs to lose some weight!
> > >
> > > I think openoffice.org-i18n needs to be broken up or a script included
> > > to remove unwanted languages.
> >
> > Already planned.   Someone more informed may answer, but I think FC4 is
> > the target for delivering openoffice as you suggest.
>
> 100% Correct.

But are you planning to just remove the unwanted languages, or are you
intending to separate the languages out into different RPMs.

I'd prefer the second to the first.  Updating OOo (which has happened a
number of times over FC2 and FC3 is a PITA given the size of the files
and having to download the entire language set for one or two languages
doesn't really seem like a huge step forward.

Rodd
--
>From the pain come the dream
>From the dream come the vision