openoffice

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 03:48:32 UTC 2005

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I get this error:
>>
>>OpenOffice.org requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Please install
>>a JRE and restart OpenOffice.org
>>
>>Anyway, I never installed JRE before. If Base will be included with OO2
>>in Fedora, if it arrives. Would provisions be made for overcoming this
>>requirement, or is Base probably out of the picture?
>

> I remember reading one of the RH chaps had been converting it over to
> use gcj rather than JRE and some bits weren't playing ball. As soon as
> it is working with gcj it will be happy.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Are there any test packages from fedora that might somewhat work (at
least load enough to test out the program?

Anyway, good luck to the developer trying to overcome the JRE limitations.

Commenting on OO 2 in general, this should be the goal, final release or
not. I like the seperate rpms for different components, rather than one
huge openoffice.org rpm. I have no idea as to which rpm contains base
though.
:-)

Jim

openofficeorg-calc-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-core-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-draw-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-gnome-integration-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-graphicfilter-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-impress-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-javafilter-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-math-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-redhat-menus-1.9.74-1.noarch.rpm
openofficeorg-spellcheck-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-testtool-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-writer-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm
openofficeorg-xsltfilter-1.9.74-1.i586.rpm

--
Freedom is nothing else but the chance to do better.
		-- Camus