Caolan McNamara caolanm at
Mon Jan 31 09:32:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 21:18 -0800, Don Russell wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> > Significant testing means putting OOo-2.x into rawhide so people can
> > (and will) bang on it with whatever they use to bang things. ;-]
> > Without it's inclusion it rawhide it's going to be really hard to know
> > whether it's up to snuff, but given that it's due for final release
> > around the same time as FC4 it should be pretty good.
> OK... I have no objection to putting it into rawhide...

On the OpenOffice.org2 topic
- I'd like 2.0 for FC4
- A little status update, Java became a build-time requirement to create
the help-documentation for 2.0, and lots of extra components are in
java, so rather than continue to find workarounds by disabling java
bits, I expended my time building it with gcj, which is now possible and
upstreamed for essential bits. Similiarly hauling around a seperate copy
of mozilla, python et al within OOo didn't seem too appealing,
- I'll make some basic x86 rawhide rpms available from tomorrow, and sometime
during the week ppc arch and the seperate language packs, if its not
totally cocked up then perhaps we can think about rawhide :-)