System clock wrong on resume from ACPI suspend in recent FC3 update

Eric Benson eric_a_benson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 17:22:39 UTC 2005

On a Thinkpad T41p running Fedora Core 3 kept up-to-date since November.
Recently, in the past two or three weeks, the clock has been incorrect
every time I resume from ACPI suspend. Before that it was always correct
when it woke up. Now the clock is always fast when it wakes up. It
appears to be proportional to how long it has been sleeping, as if the
clock were running consistently extremely fast while asleep, but I
haven't run any tests to see if it is reproducible. I've been fixing it
by restarting ntpd. I'm currently running kernel 2.6.10-1.741, but I've
had all of the kernel updates since FC3 came out. I can't say for sure
that the problem started with a kernel update, but it may have coincided
with the first 2.6.10 kernel.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?