Oddities - can someone verify it's not just me

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 21:20:42 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed a couple of oddities and need to put them into bugzilla,
> but I don't have a clue what to file them under.
>
> If you use grip or evolution, it is easy to spot. In evolution, go to
> edit->preferences and look at the email accounts. The names of them
> aren't correct - all mine say is smtp and pop3 instead of their real
> names. In grip, the names of the tracks are incorrect - they read Track
> 1, Track 2 etc (if I use Sound Juicer, the names are displayed
> correctly).

I see the grip issue. If I were a betting man.. id bet the
introduction of the new gtk2 packages have exposed a problem in grip
and evo in the development trees.  You could of course attempt to
downgrade to the gtk2 in fc4 and see if these applications work again.
 Or you could attempt to recompile grip or evo from srpm against the
current development gtk2 and see if that fixes it.

You would probably needed to file them seperately against grip and
evo, even if you confirm that the new gtk2 exposed the problem.

-jef