FC4/Evolution->Contacts->Ldap Servers

Bill Petersen bill.petersen at alcatel.com
Thu Jul 7 16:54:49 UTC 2005

I am trying to use Evolution for the first time, but don't seem to be
making much progress.
After setting up my mail account (and getting my IMAP mail ok), I was
trying to define an
existing LDAP server (which Thunderbird can see just fine).  I define
the Name,
Server, Port, and Search base.  But it does not remember the search base.
I do an OK, and then look at the properties for the LDAP server and the
search base
is not listed.  If I click on find Possible Search Bases, it has only
one, which I had
listed previously.  I click on it (and it populates the Search Base
field) and click OK,
but again when I check, it is not listed.  Searches fail.

Cheers,
Bill

--
Bill Petersen, CISSP