Fedora Core 4 Test Update: openoffice.org-1.9.117-1.1.0.fc4

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 22:17:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 22:53 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 22:47 +0100, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>
> > > This was intentionally not multilib, because it brings in python.
> >
> > hmm, is this overly problematic then ?, it's not *necessary*, just
> > desirable as email mail-merge is not available on OpenOffice.org, only
> > in StarOffice so I wrote a python pyuno component to provide it. I could
> > disable it in the update.
>
> It would be useful if OOo detected if pyuno was installed and either
> grey out or allow the mailmerge depending on if it is there or not
> rather than having an explicit dependancy.

To avoid pulling in python on x86_64 I could make a middle layer package
called openoffice.org-emailmerge or something so it's obvious (sort of)
what to install if you want email mailmerge and put
/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Office/Writer/Writer-javamail.xcu
and the mailmerge script into it. That should make stuff work as
expected when installed/not installed and have that subpackage depend on
pyuno and writer, and writer not on it. Maybe additionally skip pushing
that subpackage as a FC-4 update, nifty as I think it is..

C.