Can't load FC4-64 install on Asus p5gd1

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Jul 16 23:25:00 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded my office computer to a Asus p5gd1 running
one of the recent 64 bit Pentiums.  I downloaded the DVD version of 64
bit FC4.  The .iso file passed sha1sum.  The
DVD burned and verified with Nero.  I was able to verify it
with the FC3 install test option.

Sad to say, the 64 bit FC4 installer panics shortly after
the initial boot, complaining about the ramdisk or lack of it.
Then a screenfull or two of other panicking scrolls the interesting
stuff away.

(System has 1GB RAM, passes MEMTEST86 3.2.)

I started to install Suse 9.3 but was warned I was about to
install 32 bit Linux on a 64 bit machine.

The 32 bit FC4 installer DVD also panics.  The 32 bit FC3
does get to the prompt where I can test CDs etc.

I am downloading the FC3 DVD to see if that will install...
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665