Problem With Alsa Mixer

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Jul 18 16:03:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 09:18:02AM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 07:29:56AM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> >

> >>Each time I make the adjustments to the sound, the sound
> >>settings do not hold upon reboot.
> >>

> >If you will run
> >
> >   /sbin/modprobe -c | grep alsa
            ^^^^^^^^

>       I checked the /etc/modprobe.config file but I am not sure what
> changes, if any, need to be made.

There is no good answer for this question as nobody can be sure what
is really an underlying problem and you are not telling.  If you
would post an output from the command abobve then this would provide
an extra information and _maybe_ something could be suggested.

Did you try to rerun 'system-config-soundcard'?  This command
makes changes in /etc/modprobe.conf

  Michal