Fedora Core 4 Test Update: libtool-1.5.16.multilib2-2

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 07:01:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 09:18:28AM -0400, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 10:02 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > On Jul 21, 2005, jakub at redhat.com wrote:
> >
> > > This update needs to accompany gcc-4.0.1 update.
> > > * Thu Jul 21 2005 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 1.5.16.multilib2-2
> > > - rebuilt with GCC 4.0.1.
> >
> > Do you realize this is no longer enough?  We need apr-devel rebuilds
> > to accompany GCC version bumps as well.
>
> can we please stop any such idiocities in cross package version
> depencies???? We really really should not have this kind of dependency.
> At all. Ever.

Having to update libtool every time gcc's versioned dir changes
is perhaps something I could live with, but having to update all packages
because of it is silly.
It would be preferrable if libtool could special case the versioned
directories in gcc $CFLAGS -print-search-dirs in the libtool script and
recreate them at runtime using gcc $CFLAGS -print-search-dirs.

	Jakub