Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Jun 9 19:45:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 11:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 11:42 -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> > "William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> said:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Again, the problem is the release name ("Heidelberg"), not the project
> > > name.
> >
> > Come on again, that is the name of a very well-known town in Germany. How
> > could that possibly give legal grief? Is there something else in the
> > software arena called Heidelberg that could concievably be taken as a name
> > collide?!
> >
> > /me shakes head over incomprehensive US legal stuff.
>
> heidelberg is the name of fedora core 3
> there was no legal problem with it at all.
>
> stentz will be the name for fedora core 4.
>
> the problem is that even if the name does not seem like it will cause
> problems it still needs to be checked out.
>
> The only hold up was that the name needed to be checked, not that the
> name was bad in anyway.
>
> everyone, quit overreacting.
>
> -sv

The domains stentz.de and stentz.com are in use, but one appears to
be a site for a German Town known for wine growing, and the other
seems to belong to a French manufacturer of automated bottle washers.

Since it is both the name of a town and used as a last name it is
conceivable that it could be used in the computer industry.