Moving /home keeping settings

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 13 16:12:52 UTC 2005

I don't know how (or whether you can) preserve the original permissions,
but I do know how to avoid this kind of issue.

I'm sharing it with you know because you say you're going to do a fresh
install of FC4. When you get the partitioning phase choose the Druid and
set yourself up with a separate partition for /home. That way, when FC5
comes out (and FC6, etc.), you can simply reinstall without touching
/home. All you need do is select 'Edit' for the appropriate partition
and give it the '/home' label. The 'Do not format' flag is the default.

Very simple, very straight forward, and very sensible, imho. Too bad it
isn't part of 'Autopartition.'