Newer version of OOo2 to test?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 12:36:08 UTC 2005

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>>Great to see a new version of OOo2 up for testing.
>>
>>http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/openoffice.org2/i386/
>

> A couple of issues that have popped up.  I'll mention them here and
> someone can tell me where to file the bug reports:
>
> In Impress, I'm able to crash it consistently be selecting options in
> the initial startup:
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Open Impress (Applications > Office > OpenOffice.org 1.9 Impress)
> 2. In Step 1, click Next >>
> 3. In step 2, click Next >>
> 4. In the speed field, select a different speed.
> 5. In the speed field, select another different speed.
>
> This last step crashed Impress for me.
>
> Step 4 can be replaced with selecting from a different 'selector' first
> (For example, transistion type).
>

> In Base, I can't seem to move beyond the Save File screen.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Open Base (Applications > Office > OpenOffice.org 1.9 Base)
> 2. Select 'Create a new database' and click Next
> 3. Click Finish.  This will prompted for a filename to save the database
> as.
> 4. Enter a name in the 'Name' field (or take the default) and click
> Save.
>
> The dialog disappears, but Base doesn't do anything.  If you click
> Finish again it just prompts to save the file again, over and over.
> Cancel just closes Base.
>

> Anyone else seeing this, and if so, where should I report this stiff.

I can confirm the base problem. I was using FC3, are you using
development or FC3?

When I tried the rpms that are directly from openoffice.org that are
contained within the .gz file which they provide, base worked half way
decent. I had to install jre, which did not require any additional
environment adjustments, etc.

I believe for Fedora, there is really no place to report the bug. The
list is probably it for now.

Jim

--
186,000 Miles per Second.  It's not just a good idea.  IT'S THE LAW.