Strange problem With Fedora Core 3 and dual monitor

Fedora fedora at gyc.ca
Sun Mar 6 20:52:02 UTC 2005

Hi.

I have a portable Dell Inspiron 8500 with a video card ATI Radeon
Mobility M9.
I have the latest kernel and patches installed.
I Work with the  multiple monitors configuration (the one from my
portable and a separate monitor connect to my portable).
I configure KDE to work with 2 monitors.

I have two problems

1- When I start my portable with the separate monitor connected to it,
the system freeze when HAL start.
    If I disconnect the second monitor and restart the computer and wait
for the computer to be ready to work,
    I can reconnect the monitor, activate the combo (CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE)
to restart X and all work
    as expected.  I think this is a problem with udev???

2- I wish to put the second monitor to my left but Fedora don't let my
configure that.  Any Idea???

Thanks for Your Great Work

Yvan Chouinard