i810 refresh bug regression? New or reopen?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 15 00:52:29 UTC 2005

Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>   *sigh*
>
>   Looks like the infamous i810 refresh bug is back after yesterday's
> xorg-x11 update (6.8.2-10).  Well, maybe not exactly the same.  There's
> definitely some refresh problems, but the behavior seems slightly
> different.  Now, partial desktop icon artifacts appear near (usually
> within an icon width or two) the original icons.  But they appear
> elsewhere on the screen sometimes, too, like when launching gnome-
> terminal.
>   Should I update bugzilla 132267 or open a new one?  Anyone else seeing
> this?

I tested the latest xorg-x11 on a pretty outdated installation. (Still a
rawhide installation) I saw a blue frame outlining the shell when I
changed to a virtua terminal. The blue frame was on all screens (F1-F5
anyway).

The driver is busted for me also, but in a different way.

I didn't reboot the computer to test the new X installation. This test
was in runlevel 3 using startx.

This bug does seem to be totally different than the first problem. It
still wouldn't be good to still have when the final FC4 comes out though.

Jim

--
Why be difficult when, with a bit of effort, you could be impossible?