fc4test1 - yum update - yum broke?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 16 02:46:46 UTC 2005

Justin Conover wrote:
> Downloaded cd1 x86_64, installed "minimum"
> yum update (44 packages)
> reboot
>

> # yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up Repos
> development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 15, in ?
>     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 72, in main
>     result, resultmsgs = do()
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 462, in doCommands
>     return self.updatePkgs()
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 960, in updatePkgs
>     self.doUpdateSetup()
>   File "__init__.py", line 228, in doUpdateSetup
>   File "sqlitesack.py", line 225, in returnObsoletes
>   File "/usr/src/build/539307-x86_64/install//usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sqlite/main.py",
> line 104, in __getitem__
> KeyError: 'PACKAGES.PKGID'
>

> # yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up Repos
> development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> Setting up Repos
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Passing package list to Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Downloading header for a2ps to pack into transaction set.
> a2ps-4.13b-45.x86_64.rpm  100% |=========================|  42 kB    00:00
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 15, in ?
>     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 113, in main
>     (result, resultmsgs) = base.buildTransaction()
>   File "__init__.py", line 279, in buildTransaction
>   File "depsolve.py", line 173, in resolveDeps
>   File "depsolve.py", line 138, in populateTs
>   File "depsolve.py", line 101, in allowedMultipleInstalls
>   File "packages.py", line 364, in getProvidesNames
>   File "sqlitesack.py", line 74, in returnPrco
>   File "sqlitesack.py", line 145, in getPrco
>   File "/usr/src/build/539307-x86_64/install//usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sqlite/main.py",
> line 104, in __getitem__
> KeyError: 'REQUIRES.NAME'
>
> Anyone else break after the first update, or am I just special :P

There is nothing special about getting the breakage. There was
discussion on the development list regarding the sqlite and the
python-sqlite packages. I believe earlier discussions regarded the
packages were simply renamed. Other indications point to whe the rpms
were recompiled, there was a particular library that is now not working
with yum.
This might be a gcc4 compiler problem. I just know that it is still
broken for rawhide also.

you might try reinstalling sqlite and python-sqlite from the
installation disks. The packages might be referred to with an aditional
3 in their names.

I have the below and a busted yum.

> sqlite-3.1.2-1
> python-sqlite-1.1.6-1

The list dicussion might be clearer.

rpm with the --oldpackage option might revert the builds. You might need
the --nodeps option also, but I don't know.

Jim

--
In Lowes Crossroads, Delaware, it is a violation of local law for any
pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while