FC4t1 - the good, the bad, the slow

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:13:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:38:54 -0500 (EST), Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:
> i'm not sure if this already exists, but is there/could there be a
> simple, condensed list of known bugs *and their fixes* for fc4t1 so
> that folks would know *precisely* what they should do in terms of
> updates after a fresh install?

Something like that takes time to compile. One day from release...
there just isn't enough human understanding of the universe of issues
to distill a list yet. Sure the gdm bug probably hits everyone... but
several other bugs are going to be situational/hardware dependant and
will take finite time to understand as more testers start working
through the test1 process filing bugs and getting responses.

Personally.. I focus primarily on the installer during test1 phases,
instead of actually getting to the desktop.  I'll probably never see
the gdm issue because i'll be spending all my time repeatedly doing
install/upgrades just to flush out the installer bugs.

Right now.. i suggest fedorasolved.com  might be the best location for
a condensed list... the format of that forum is ideal for what you
want.
no questions... just answers.

-jef

-jef