Can I Get a FC4T1 Installation Summary?

Glen Kim ogle at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Mar 16 22:37:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, David Cary Hart wrote:

> Can I avoid the MBR issue in advance of the installation? Is YUM a
> confirmed problem?

MBR issue:  run linux expert at the boot prompt, and when you get into the
install, before you start installing the packages, hit alt+f2 to switch to
the second console.  dd if=/dev/hda of=/root/mbr bs=512 count=1 should
save your MBR into /root/mbr.  Hit alt+f7 to go back to your install (i'm
assuming you are running graphical install).  After all the packages have
been installed and before you reboot, go back into the console, and cat
the saved mbr into /dev/hda.

As for yum, it's fixed as of today.  I'm not sure if the yum on FC4T1
comes broken, but if it is, then up2date -u yum should clear that right
up.