Menu Problem - freezes when trying to set up printer

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 17 03:18:34 UTC 2005

In FC4T1 with all installable updates, I cannot set up a printer.

Two problems:
1.) Using the menu Desktop > System Settings > Printing freezes the menu
and does not open a dialog.  I could only get going again with a reboot
- restarting X caused a hang.

2.) Using system-config-printer from the command line seemed to work,
but after setting up my Networked LPD print server using 192.168.1.102
as the server name and L2 as the printer port (works on all other
installs of FC, Suse, Ubuntu, etc.), a test page would not print.  The
printer status comes back as "Unable to reserve port. Permission denied."

These are two separate problems and I will bugzilla them.

Gerry