[FC4test1] difficult to install (boot.iso)

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Thu Mar 17 08:39:17 UTC 2005

After downloading the dvd iso file, I'm not succesfull in installing FC4test1.

I placed the iso file through my server on a laptop (which is my "fool-around"-box) and created a bootcd with the included boot.iso file. When I boot the laptop with it, I get the question where the CDROM-images are.

It's on /dev/hda5 (originally mounted under FC3 as /home) in a directory called "FC4test1". But when I enter these values in the installer, it keeps telling me that "/dev/hda5" doesn't contain the image files (?).

I tried the dvd-iso file, the 4 cdrom-iso files, I even created a new directory and copied all files from the dvd-iso file into it and tried to use that directory from the installer.

But so far, no go. I guess the only way will be to burn 4 cd's? I hoped to install it without burning cd's...

Regards,
Patrick (RHCT)