fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri Mar 18 09:05:52 UTC 2005

Mike Chambers wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 01:58 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
>
>><snip fc3-release>
>> If you are setting up an installation tree for NFS, FTP, or HTTP
>>   installations, you need to copy the RELEASE-NOTES files and all files
>>from
>>   the Fedora directory on discs 1-3. On Linux and Unix systems, the
>>   following process will properly configure the /target/directory on your
>>   server (repeat for each disc):
>>
>>    1. Insert disc
>>
>>    2. mount /mnt/cdrom
>>
>>    3. cp -a /mnt/cdrom/Fedora /target/directory
>>
>>    4. cp /mnt/cdrom/RELEASE-NOTES* /target/directory (Do this only for disc
>>       1)
>>
>>    5. umount /mnt/cdrom
>>

>I will read through the docs and see what I can find out, but I am doing
>this from the ISO's, not cd's (so this is somewhat diff?).

replace cdrom with your loop device (see Craigs posting)

eg.
# mkdir /mnt/loop

1;  # mount -oloop FC4-test1-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/loop
2;  # cp -a  /mnt/loop/Fedora  /target/directory
3;  # cp /mnt/loop/RELEASE-NOTES* /target/directory  (Do this only for
disc 1)
4;  # umount /mnt/loop

repeat 1,2,4 with all isos or with the isos/rpms you really need for
your installation
minimal-english = cd #1
you know whichcd ?
eg. under fedora core 3
$ /usr/share/comps-extras/whichcd.py mozilla
mozilla-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm is on disc 2

you can burn cd #1 or the  boot.iso on a cd-rw.
eg.
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/3.90/i386/os/images/
boot from this cd-rw
choose hd|nfs|ftp|http installation which points to your target-directory

>I would
>rather not waste creating cd's

no wasted time/cd

>if I can install from the ISO

unfortunately the iso-installation is broken in fc4t1

>or create the files from the ISO's.

yes you can.

--
shrek-m